The Council is an elected body and consists of the President and six trustees. The Council’s duty is to legislate as a whole and consider the health, welfare and safety of the citizens that elect them by establishing fiscally sound budgets, policies and procedures to do so. The President of the Council serves as the chief executive officer and not only presides at each meeting but also votes on each question.
Our Village Council is the legislative body of Mackinaw City. The Council Trustees also serve as the Zoning Board of Appeals. These elected officials, along with the Village President, make the policy decisions which protect the health, safety, and welfare of our community.
Village Hall Council Chambers, 102 S. Huron Avenue
The public is encouraged to attend. Please feel free to browse the minutes and agendas of these meetings. Also, if you decide to attend the meetings, please be aware that no cell phones and pagers are allowed to be operated or left on during the meetings.
All communications, petitions, etc. must be in the office of the Village Clerk by 12pm on the Friday proceeding each meeting in order to be placed on the agenda.
- Robert Heilman, President
- Paul Michalak, ProTem
- Scott Newman, Trustee
- Robert Glenn, Trustee
- Mario Rodriguez, Trustee
- Belinda Mollen, Trustee
- Tom Chastain, Trustee
- Facilities and Streets: Belinda Mollen (Chair), Paul Michalak, Mario Rodriguez
- Finance and Human Resources: Scott Newman (Chair), Paul Michalak, Robert Glenn
- Marina: Tom Chastain(Chair), Scott Newman, Belinda Mollen
- Ordinance and Policy: Paul Michalak (Chair), Scott Newman, Mario Rodriguez
- Public Safety: Mario Rodriguez (Chair), Paul Michalak, Robert Glenn
- Utilities & Green Initiatives: Robert Glenn (Chair), Tom Chastain, Belinda Mollen
- Parks and Recreation: Scott Newman (Chair), Robert Glenn, Tom Chastain
- Tree Board: Robert Glenn(Chair), Chris Herald, Tom Chastain, Katherine Jaggi, Marianne Murray
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, you may contact the Village Hall at 231-436-5351.